Monday 28 August 2017

Zoya Sunsets Collection (Summer 2016)

Hi lovelies! Today I have my long overdue of the Zoya Sunsets Collection from Summer 2016 to share with you. I had these muled back from the US for me last year thanks to the gorgeous Kirsty (over at FairyTales Nails), and I'd been waiting for Summer to come back around to swatch them. I managed to get a bit behind, but I'm just sneaking them in for the end of August. Read on for my full swatches and more info!

Zoya Sunsets Collection @acertainbeccaa

'Cam' is a bright saturated orange creme. The formula is smooth and easy to apply. It is slightly sheer and patchy on the first coat but a second evens out everything nicely (you may need a third if you overwork it). Below is two coats with topcoat.

Zoya 'Cam' @acertainbeccaa
Zoya 'Cam' @acertainbeccaa

'Dixie' is a pink-toned watermelon red creme. It has a lovely smooth formula and is easy to apply. It is a bit more opaque than 'Cam', although still needs a second coat to cover some patchiness. Below is two coats with topcoat.

Zoya 'Dixie' @acertainbeccaa
Zoya 'Dixie' @acertainbeccaa

'Brynn' is a medium pink creme. The formula is smooth and easy to apply. This dries down slightly darker than it applies, so I did find it a bit patchier than the others. I needed a third coat on some nails to even out the colour. Below is two to three coats with topcoat.

Zoya 'Brynn' @acertainbeccaa
Zoya 'Brynn' @acertainbeccaa

'Liv' is a medium purple creme. This has a smooth, easy to apply formula. It is just slightly sheer on the first coat, but is one of the more even polishes and covers completely with a second. Below is two coats with topcoat.

Zoya 'Liv' @acertainbeccaa
Zoya 'Liv' @acertainbeccaa

'Dory' is a bright, vibrant blue creme. The formula is lovely and smooth, and easy to apply. This was the one of the most opaque polishes for me. It wasn't quite there on the first coat but was perfect after two. Below is two coats with topcoat.

Zoya 'Dory' @acertainbeccaa
Zoya 'Dory' @acertainbeccaa

'Ness' is a soft muted green creme. The formula is smooth and easy to apply. Like 'Dory', I found this to be one of the more opaque of the six. I think you could easily get away with one thick coat, although I did two thinner ones. Below is two coats with topcoat.

Zoya 'Ness' @acertainbeccaa
Zoya 'Ness' @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? Everytime I swatched one of these I thought 'ooh, this is my favourite' - so it's safe to say I loved them all! These were all marketed as one coaters, and while this wasn't the case they still have great  formulas. I did get the other half of Zoya's Summer 2016 release, the Seashells Collection, so I'm sure I'll end up swatching those eventually too!

You can find the Sunsets Collection for $10 each on the Zoya website here. For those in the UK like me, you can find them on Nail Polish Direct for £9.95 each (or all 6 for £49.95) here

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. These look so beautiful and creamy :) gorgeous swatches hun xx

    ReplyDelete