Wednesday 2 August 2017

July MeeBox Unboxing, Swatches & Nail Art - Birds of Paradise

Hi lovelies! Today I have July's MeeBox to share with you. If you missed June's 'Ibiza Mee' box, you can find my post here. July's theme was 'Birds of Paradise'. Anyone who knows me knows I love birds, and actually have two Cockatiels (called Wall-E and Eve). The lovely MeeBox ladies also let slip that the box included a multichrome from a UK indie. I was very excited to see what arrived! Read on for full swatches and for my nail art!

July MeeBox - 'Birds of Paradise' @acertainbeccaa

The indie multichrome we recieved was Wikkid Polish 'Dione', which shifts from green to blue to purple. This has a lovely smooth formula, but as is often the case with multichromes, it starts off quite sheer. It builds up nicely in three coats - although you could layer it over black if you preferred. Below is three coats with topcoat.

As you can see, different angles give different colours due to the shift. I'll post a few extra pictures on Instagram to show more!

Wikkid Polish 'Dione' @acertainbeccaa
Wikkid Polish 'Dione' @acertainbeccaa

Next is A-England 'Rose Bower', a rich red with a subtle holographic shimmer. This has amazing reviews, so I'm glad to finally own it! The formula is gorgeously smooth and easy to apply. It is completely opaque in just one coat. A second deepened the colour just slightly, so how many you do is based on personal preference. Below is two coats with topcoat.

A-England 'Rose Bower' @acertainbeccaa
A-England 'Rose Bower' @acertainbeccaa

The third polish this month is a pale grey stamping polish from MoYou London called 'After The Storm'. I tried this both on it's own and stamped over black (I'm not sure it would show up too well over white). On it's own it is opaque in one to two coats, and when stamped over black it looks lovely and crisp.

MoYou London 'After The Storm' @acertainbeccaa
MoYou London 'After The Storm' @acertainbeccaa

To go with our stamping polish we also recieved a MoYou London stamper and tropical plate 06. I have a few of the tropical plates but luckily not this one! It is on the smaller side for my nails, but I can still use a fair few images.

MoYou London Tropical Plate 06 @acertainbeccaa

Last up we have a Leighton Denny 'Precision Corrector'. This contains a bottle of what I assume is polish remover (it does contain acetone) along with a small brush, and is used for clean up. I did try this can happily say that it works well.

Leighton Denny 'Precision Corrector' @acertainbeccaa

Finally, here is my nail art look. I painted my index and middle nails with 'After The Storm'. I then stamped the pair of loving parrots from the MoYou plate onto both nails using 'Rose Bower', and coloured them in using 'Dione'. I finished off by painting my ring nail with 'Dione' and my pinky with 'Rose Bower'. I didn't actually stamp with the stamping polish, but that's okay right?!

July 'Birds of Paradise' MeeBox Nail Art @acertainbeccaa
July 'Birds of Paradise' MeeBox Nail Art @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? Personally I think it's one of the best boxes we've had in recent months, and again I love the theme! Both the Wikkid Polish and A-England are stunning, although if I had to pick a favourite I think the A-England would win. I also really like the stamping plate and I'm very happy with my nail art!

You can find out more about MeeBox and subscribing here.

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Wow love this nail art! And really love the a England colour! This is a brand a need to look more into, for a nail box,, personally I would say it's one of the best months I've ever seen!
    And Becca! The nail art is stunning!

    ReplyDelete