Friday 8 July 2016

Essie 'Cascade Cool'

Hello! Today I have an Essie swatch to share with you. While sorting out my polishes recently, I realised that my little Essie collection doesn't get much love. I think I only have around 10 total, and I haven't actually worn most of them properly. I decided to pull out one to try - I went for 'Cascade Cool', I always choose pink! Read on for my swatch and more info!

Essie 'Cascade Cool' @acertainbeccaa

'Cascade Cool' is a lilac-toned pink creme, described by Essie as 'a creamy, sweet, dusty pink'. The formula was much better than I expected, it was so easy to apply and completely opaque in two thin coats. This also had one of the flat wide brushes which I find much easier to use - I had barely any clean up to do. Below is two coats and topcoat.

(I found this really hard to photograph - I would say that the bottom photo is the more accurate colour.)

Essie 'Cascade Cool' @acertainbeccaa
Essie 'Cascade Cool' @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? I really like the fact it's not a plain pink, it has that lilac tone which makes more unique. Plus I was very impressed with both the formula and the ease of application. Essie seems to have quite mixed reviews so I think I'll have to try a few more and see what I think!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. I'm always attracted to Essie's colors but their formulas are hit or miss. I also like that we share the same birth year (1981)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the hit & miss formulas is what's sort of put me off! But this one was definitely a good one :) x

      Delete
  2. It really is a beautiful shade of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pink so I love it! And the fact it has a nice formula is the cherry on top xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha knew I could count on you ;) pink always wins x

      Delete
  4. I've come to really love Essie lately, and this one looks so good with your skin tone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did really like this so will have to try some more! Thank you! :) x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this colour and boy does it love you. I always tend to avoid these shades and stick to true pinks/purples but I may have changed my mind after seeing this.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love in the middle shades, but always tend to have trouble photographing them! x

      Delete
  7. Pinks are almost always so perfect <3 It looks good on your long nails!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing on you! Your swatches are always perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this colour on you hun x

    ReplyDelete