Thursday 3 December 2015

Candy Cane (Peppermint?) Swirls

Hello lovelies! It's finally December and I'm feeling super super festive! I've got so many ideas for Christmassy nails - it's going to be a fun month! I decided to start with something simple and went for candy cane inspired swirls. After actually doing these I realised it's not a candy cane pattern, peppermint swirls maybe? Either way I think they're really festive and I love them! Read on to find out more.

Candy Cane Swirl Nails @acertainbeccaa

I started off with a base of 'Ruby Pumps', an iconic China Glaze shade which I had heard so many good reviews on but never owned. I'm not a massive red fan but when a friend was destashing recently I couldn't pass it up. I'm so glad to finally have it. It is a perfect Christmas red and is SO sparkly. I would go as far to say it's my new favourite red polish. Below is two coats and topcoat. I will say that a third coat might deepen the colour slightly more.

China Glaze 'Ruby Pumps' @acertainbeccaa

I took a quick picture in the (poor) sunlight from my balcony doors to try and show you how the glitter really sparkles. This was still only on a dull afternoon so imagine how gorgeous it would be in full sun!

China Glaze 'Ruby Pumps' in (poor) sunlight @acertainbeccaa
 

I wore this on it's own for a few days before pulling out my MoYou London Festive Plate 03 (online here) and 'White Knight' stamping polish (online here).  

MoYou London Festive Plate 03 @acertainbeccaa

I initially tried stamping using my MoYou London rectangular squishy stamper (online here) but found that the pattern kept peeling back off of my nails and onto the stamper. I'm not 100% sure why it happened - I think the polish was drying too quickly? I had much better luck with my MoYou London XL sticky marshmallow stamper (online here) so switched to that. I then stamped the swirled pattern onto my middle and ring fingers and sealed it with topcoat.
 
Candy Cane Swirl Nails @acertainbeccaa

Candy Cane Swirl Nails @acertainbeccaa

I love it! It's not completely in your face Christmas so is a nice start to the festive manicures. I am still a little bit confused whether it's meant to be a candy cane pattern or just minty swirls but I like it either way! What do you think?

If you don't yet own China Glaze 'Ruby Pumps', it's available on Nail Polish Direct for £4.50 here. I would highly suggest grabbing a bottle as it's definitely going to be my new Christmas staple red! 

Hope to see you in the next (Christmassy) post!
Becca x


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Great post hun these remind me so much of those round peppermint sweets yum yum :) I love ruby pumps must grab it when I can x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't wanna take them off! You definitely should, I don't normally like reds but Ruby Pumps is gorgeous! x

      Delete
  2. Ohh love these! And do love the red too!

    The candy canes are strips and different sized ones which are on that plate too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep that is definitely the proper candy cane pattern but I liked the idea of doing swirls instead :) x

      Delete