Monday 16 November 2015

Nails Inc Gel Effect 'Uptown'

Hello lovelies! Today I have some quick swatches of Nails Inc Gel Effect 'Uptown' to show you. I wasn't sure whether or not to post this as I don't like it! I love it when others are honest and post polishes they don't love so I thought I'd do the same. Read on for swatches and to find out why I don't like it!

Nails Inc 'Uptown' @acertainbeccaa

All Nails Inc Gel Effect polishes I've used have smooth formulas, are very opaque, and dry super shiny. 'Uptown' was so no exception to this and applied so easily. Below is two coats and topcoat.

Nails Inc Gel Effect 'Uptown' @acertainbeccaa
Nails Inc Gel Effect 'Uptown' @acertainbeccaa

So, it's not necessarily a bad colour. Although not one I'd gravitate towards I don't mind the dusty rose sort of look above - even though it's still a lot less pink than I've seen in other peoples swatches. My main issue is that it hardly ever actually looks like this - the above photos are directly under super bright artificial office lights and I wouldn't consider them colour accurate. Here's what it looks like on me 90% of the time:

Nails Inc 'Uptown' @acertainbeccaa

(Apologies for my messy polish and fingers, I didn't like it so didn't wanna clean up!)

I'm not a brown polish fan at the best of times (or really ever), so I was gutted when this is how it came out on me. I'm not sure if it's due to my skin tone or if I have a bad bottle but this is definitely not what I expected. A lovely lady over on Facebook was kind enough to swatch her bottle for me and it is a pretty delicate pink. I wish mine looked like this!

Nails Inc 'Uptown' Swatch

Whats even weirder is when taking a photograph (except for in forced overly bright lighting) the polish in my bottle doesn't even match the cap and already looks brown.


I'd love to know what you all think! Is it just me and my skin tone? Am I going crazy or is mine definitely brown?!

I did originally put this on last night as I was planning to do some nail art. It was the second polish I'd put on in a row that I wasn't 100% happy with so I gave up for the day. Fingers crossed my next post will be the mani I had planned!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

5 comments:

  1. Great post hun there 's definitely something not quite right about that polish it doesn't match the cap at all :/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a bit off! It's a shame as other swatches look so pretty :( x

      Delete
  2. I have to agree, I do not like this colour at all. It looks wrong and is certainly not pink. I would contact the company and ask their opinion and maybe they might send you out a replacement. Concidering all their other polishes have been spot on,

    It's almost like the wrong colour went in the wrong bottle. Or they made the mixture wrong,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even under the two different light sources you showed. Neither match the swatch, so it's not even your light source

      Delete
    2. Yep! The first pictures were forced and under artificial lighting so I don't ever see that colour anyway! I will definitely email them and see what they say x

      Delete