Thursday 27 August 2015

My Current Mani - 'Tiffany' Nails

I thought I'd share my current nails with you all - here they are! Find out more after the jump!

'Tiffany' Nails @acertainbeccaa

So how did this happen?

I LOVE textured polish and the finish of a textured nail - or 'crunchy' nails, as I like to call them. Last week, I managed to get my hands on four OPI Liquid Sands. I eyed up 'Tiffany Case' (from the Bond Girls collection) for several days before deciding to wear it as a full ten nail manicure. It was a perfect one coater! I added a second coat to the whole of my left hand, but it honestly made no difference. 

OPI Liquid Sand 'Tiffany Case' @acertainbeccaa
My photo doesn't do this polish justice. It is stunning! After a few days, I reallllllyy wanted to do my nails again. But there was no way I was taking this off. I ended up compromising and decided to leave my thumb and ring fingers alone but remove the rest. Just a quick note: I did have slight staining after removal. This happens to me fairly regularly with blue polishes.

Scanning my collection for a suitable accompaniment, I came across another untried polish - Picture Polish's 'Tiffany'. Initially, I wasn't too sure how well the polishes would work together, I'll let you be the judge of that!


Picture Polish 'Tiffany' & OPI 'Tiffany Case'
'Tiffany' applied super smoothly and evenly (as with all Picture Polishes I have tried). Most of my nails were perfect after two coats, but a few needed a thin third coat to smooth any imperfections. I used Seche Vite fast dry topcoat. My accidental Tiffany themed nails were born. Here they are again.

'Tiffany' Nails @acertainbeccaa
I've had this on my nails for four days now (the OPI for six). The nails with 'Tiffany' on are still glossy, and I'm yet to have any chips or noticeable tip wear on either polish - especially impressive as the OPI is a single coat without topcoat! The picture below is what they look like right now.
@acertainbeccaa
What do you think? Do you like this combination? What are some are your favourites? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Becca x

2 comments:

  1. I love this colour combination, sadly a colour a can't not wear as pale skin, but will be buying the OPI Liquid Sand Tiffany, as love textured polishes myself, great blog, looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love the liquid sands, I think they're a bit finer than the Sally Hansen Sugar Coats so might last even longer.

      Delete