Monday 5 June 2017

May's 'Lost City' MeeBox Nail Art

Hello! Today I have my nail art look for May's 'Lost City' MeeBox to share. If you missed my intial unboxing and swatches, you can find that post here. When I think 'Lost City', the first thing I think is of tribal patterns, which goes perfectly with the House of Wonderland decals we recieved. I centered my mani on those, and came up with this look. Read on to see how I did it!

May's 'Lost City' MeeBox Nail Art @acertainbeccaa

I started off with a base of Cuccio 'Pier Pressure'. As mentioned in my swatch post, this is a great nude on me, and being a neutral it is perfect for nail art. Below is three coats and topcoat.

Cuccio 'Pier Pressure' @acertainbeccaa
Cuccio 'Pier Pressure' @acertainbeccaa

I then had a play with the House of Wonderland MeeBox exclusive 'Lost City' decals. I cut out my desired sections, softened them in water for around 10 seconds, peeled them off the backing, and gently placed them onto my nails. These are fairly delicate so I would suggest being careful.

May's 'Lost City' MeeBox Nail Art @acertainbeccaa

As a final touch, I then added some details using Annika (by The Edge Nails) 'Blue Lagoon'. I did mentioned in my swatch post that this stains slightly, but I had no issues when using it over a base colour. Using some (very fiddly!) striping tape, I added various stripes onto each nail.

May's 'Lost City' MeeBox Nail Art @acertainbeccaa
May's 'Lost City' MeeBox Nail Art @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? I wasn't sure on these at first, but they really grew on me! A lovely cashier at Tesco even stopped me to mention how much she liked them which I really appreciated. I also chose not to topcoat them in the end as I think the slightly rougher look fit the theme.

You can find out more about MeeBox and subscribing here.

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I actually love these too Becca. So fitting for the theme!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice collections, thanks for sharing. please check it ezflow nails

    ReplyDelete