Friday 16 June 2017

Avon's Mark Gel Shine Polish - Swatches & Review

Hello! Today I have some polishes from Avon's Mark Gel Shine line to share with you. These are the first Mark polishes I have tried, I couldn't resist grabbing a couple when they were on offer. This was back at the beginning of April, so I chose four very Spring appropriate shades - and then completely forgot to swatch them, woops! Read on for my full swatches and more info!

Avon's Mark Gel Shine Polish @acertainbeccaa

'Daysie' is a soft creamy yellow. The formula is smooth and easy to apply. Being yellow it does start off streaky (my bottle also has a slightly dodgy brush which may have made this worse). It evens out nicely in three coats. This dries fairly quickly so over manipulation may cause it to drag. Below is three coats without topcoat.

Avon's Mark 'Daysie' @acertainbeccaa
Avon's Mark 'Daysie' @acertainbeccaa

'Sweet Pea' is a pastel mint green. It has a lovely formula and is easy to apply. This does start off a bit sheer and streaky, but builds up nicely and is opaque in three thin coats. This is such a lovely soft colour. Below is three coats without topcoat.

Avon's Mark 'Sweet Pea' @acertainbeccaa
Avon's Mark 'Sweet Pea' @acertainbeccaa

'Periwinkles' is a pastel baby blue/periwinkle. It is smooth and easy to apply, and very opaque for a light colour. It is streaky on the first coat, but evens out really well with a second. I had some minor streaks leftover so added a third, although could have got away with two coats if I was careful. Below is three coats without topcoat.

Avon's Mark 'Perwinkles' @acertainbeccaa
Avon's Mark 'Perwinkles' @acertainbeccaa

'Parfait Pink' is a hot pink creme with a subtle shimmer. The formula is smooth and applies easily. This is very opaque and is almost a one coater. I could just about see my nail line after the first coat, but those with shorter nails (or a softer nail line) could probably get away with it. Below is two coats without topcoat.

Avon's Mark 'Parfait Pink' @acertainbeccaa
Avon's Mark 'Parfait Pink' @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? Aren't they perfect spring shades? Well, at least the first three are, but I personally think a hot pink (or any pink!) is good for any season! I'm not really sure why I haven't really tried many Avon polishes before, but I was impressed with all of the formulas and can see myself getting more in the future.

You can find all four polishes mentioned on the Avon website here. They retail for £7 each, but are currently on offer at 2 for £6.

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Love these colours, I was going to order some and not got around to it,, loving the pink, but really do like the blue/grey too, think the lighter shades would be brilliant for nail art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont buy the Avon mark nail gel shine, save your money! They are terrible and peel off within hours after applying, plus the application itself is super hard as its too thick.

      Delete
  2. I baught 3 colours and was disappointed with them all, they are far too thick and start peeling off in less than 24 hrs. I shook them well and even asked my husband to shake them for me and they were still really sh*t... Not at all impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's a shame! I didn't have any issues with these ones, but they are the only ones I've ever tried, and they may have changed the formula since. I'll have to keep an eye out if I ever get more!

      Delete