Wednesday 20 July 2016

June's 'Splash' MeeBox Mani

Hello! Today I have my design for June's 'Splash' MeeBox to show you. As I said last month, I want to make sure I post both swatches and a nail art design for each box. June's theme was 'Splash' - you can see my unboxing here, and my swatches of the polishes here. I used all of the items we received for my mani below. Read on to find out more!

June 'Splash' MeeBox Mani @acertainbeccaa

To begin with, I painted my ring finger with A-England 'Whispering Waves', and all others with Pretty Serious Cosmetics 'Absence'. Both are shown below with topcoat.

June 'Splash' MeeBox Mani @acertainbeccaa

I then applied Mini Mani Moo 'Mess No More!' liquid latex to all of my black nails. It was so ridiculously hot in my flat that the latex dried as I was applying it. It looked a bit lumpy but still peeled off nicely and protected my skin just fine!

June 'Splash' MeeBox Mani @acertainbeccaa

To create my mermaid scales, I used the nail-mail.co.uk full nail vinyls. I found that the quicker I pulled a vinyl off of the backing, the more 'scales' stayed behind. I then used tweezers to separate any that remained. I applied a vinyl to each nail except my ring finger.

June 'Splash' MeeBox Mani @acertainbeccaa

Using a make-up sponge, I then applied a gradient of both A-England 'Gloriana' and 'The Blessed Damozel' over each vinyl. This didn't work out quite how I had planned. The red base of 'Gloriana' was covered by the dense gold flakes, and 'The Blessed Damozel' was a bit too dark against the black base - but I carried on anyway!

June 'Splash' MeeBox Mani @acertainbeccaa

I finished off by adding a couple of She Sells Seashells charms to my ring and pinky fingers, before sealing everything in with topcoat.

June 'Splash' MeeBox Mani @acertainbeccaa
June 'Splash' MeeBox Mani @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? Even though it didn't quite come out as I'd pictured it, I still quite like it! I accidentally managed to come up with a slightly more unique design. I'm also quite proud that I used every single item from June's box, and with the exception of my black polish, nothing else.

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the dark nails! And the blue nail draws the fact that these are all fishy scales/mermaids, without it, you would just think it was a random pattern, great mani sweetie X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I think the blue and the charms help to bring it all together :) x

      Delete
  2. I am loving this manicure. The gradient is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am getting there with my gradients x

      Delete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love the dark mermaid vibe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I did nearly go with 'gothic mermaid' :) x

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful! Love it all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic sea-worthy nail design. Your long nails really show off the gradient for the scales so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea! I do love the gradient when it catches the light x

      Delete
  6. This fishtail design is so gorgeous. I'm so looking forward to trying those stamps on my nails. I have a hobby to make different designs and beautiful nail arts and use http://nailartstyle.com/top-70-colorful-nail-designs . Where do you get your ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I normally get inspired by themes or occasions, or just make it up as I go along haha! I will look at the link you've mentioned :) x

      Delete
  7. love the dark fish tail. gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mani is fantastic!! Super cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this design hun! xx

    ReplyDelete