Sunday 20 March 2016

HPB Presents Spring - Daisies (Tux Polish 'Candy Corn')

Hi lovelies! Today I have some nice bright nails to share with you as part of a Hobby Polish Bloggers link-up. Although I've been a part of the group for a while, this is the first link-up I am taking part in - how exciting! The theme this time around is spring which immediately makes me think of flowers. Here's what I came up with. As always, read on to find out more!

Spring Daises with Tux Polish 'Candy Corn' @acertainbeccaa

I started off with a base of Tux Polish 'Candy Corn', a gorgeous bright yellow (swatched here). I couldn't bring myself to take this off after swatching, and think it might even be my new favourite yellow. Shown below is three thin coats and topcoat.

Tux Polish 'Candy Corn' @acertainbeccaa

To find some flowers to stamp, I pulled out MoYou London Pro XL Plate 21 (online here). I really tried to pick a different design but I had to go for my favourite daisy pattern, last but one on the bottom row.

http://www.moyou.co.uk/pro-xl-plate-collection-21.html

I recently got my first two Hit The Bottle stamping polishes from my swap with Kirsty from FairyTales Nails (post here), so decided to try out the white, 'Snowed In'. I had no problems at all and found the polish very easy to work with. I stamped the daisy pattern onto all of my nails.

Tux Polish 'Candy Corn' with Daisies @acertainbeccaa

I then used Barry M 'Gold Foil' and a dotting tool to add gold centres to each daisy to make them pop. I left the dots to dry for a few minutes before finishing with a coat of topcoat.

Spring Daises with Tux Polish 'Candy Corn' @acertainbeccaa
Spring Daises with Tux Polish 'Candy Corn' @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? I can't wear a yellow polish without wanting to stamp white daisies! Today is supposed to be the first official day of spring and I think these are perfect to welcome the new season. I can't wait for the weather to warm up!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. What a bright yellow. Perfectly goes for spring manis. Simple n eligent mani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of yellow for the spring mani! I did the same:))) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I don't think yellow polish gets enough love lol! :) x

      Delete
  3. Very few people can pull off a yellow polish - and you're one of them! And the daisies were the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! I do love my yellows and my daisies :) x

      Delete
  4. Love that yellow polish! And the manicure is cute :) I will be joining later this month too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? Thank you! Can't wait to see you what you come up with! x

      Delete
  5. I love this design - and the yellow is the perfect bright polish for spring. it makes me want to go play in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does, doesn't it? Definitely ready for the sun to come play! x

      Delete
  6. I loooove these! That base is so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's exactly what I thought too :) x

      Delete
  7. That yellow!! I love the addition of the gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I really think it makes the flowers pop :) x

      Delete