Friday 19 February 2016

Products I've Used Up and/or Repurchased

Helloo! Today I have something a bit different for you. My first ever blog post was about my hand and nail care essentials (see here). I felt like doing a similar post but thought products I'd actually finished would be much more useful, as our final opinions tend to be more accurate than first impressions. Here's a quick look at some of the products I've either used up or repurchased back ups of. Read on to find out more!

Products I've Used Up and/or Repurchased @acertainbeccaa

The only base coat I've ever managed to fully use up is the Ciate London 'One Coat A Day' strengthener. This version is no longer available, but luckily I have lots of back up bottles! The last few times I've tried different base coats I've managed to break a nail (or two), so I'm sticking with this for now.

Ciate 'One Coat A Day' Strengthener @acertainbeccaa

My current holy grail topcoat is Seche Vite 'Dry Fast Top Coat'. This dries ridiculously fast and shiny, and I have no problems with chipping or shrinkage. It does tend to get a bit thicker the more you use it but a couple of drops of Seche Restore and you're good to go! I have used a fair few bottles and have a giant refill bottle that I'm currently using.

Seche Vite 'Dry Fast Top Coat' & Seche Restore @acertainbeccaa

Before I discovered Seche Vite, my favourite topcoat was Barry M's 'All In One' (Basecoat, Topcoat, and Nail Hardener). I've used several bottles of this, and would definitely recommend it. I only reach for Seche Vite over this now due to the quicker drying time.

Barry M 'All In One' @acertainbeccaa

The only hand cream I've ever repurchased is Soap & Glory's 'Hand Dream' (online here). I find it super moisturising, and it smells amazing! My other favourite hand cream is the No7 'Protect & Perfect Intense Day Hand Cream' (online here). I'm so close to finishing my bottle and I'm tempted repurchase, even though it's slightly more expensive.

Hand Creams @acertainbeccaa

I don't think I've ever repurchased a specific cuticle oil, but only because I have so many! I had to mention them though as I consider them essential. My most recent favourites are Delush Polish's 'Santa's Cookies' and Frenzy Polish's 'Cherry Fox Paws'. I would definitely repurchase both of these.

Cuticle Oils - Recent Favourites @acertainbeccaa

Another cheeky mention are glass/crystal nail files. I have technically used some up as glass ones wear out (after a LOT of use). I'm a bit naughty with these and just tend to pick up cheap ones when I see them. I do recommend these over the emery board files.

Glass Nail Files @acertainbeccaa

I forgot nail polish removers, woops! I use a combination of Sally Hansen removers - the strengthening one for removing polish, and the moisturising one when cleaning up to keep the skin around my nails soft. I have gone through a few bottles of each and definitely notice the difference compared to other removers.

Are there any products you've repurchased multiple times? I've never actually managed to use up a full colour polish! Have you? I'd love to know!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Fab post hun those cuticle oils sounds like they would smell amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smell sooo good! I nearly added the China Glaze ones but didn't wanna spoil your surprise so left them out just incase haha :) x

      Delete
  2. Fab post! Where do you get your seche vite from? I've had a couple of bottles in nailmails/presents but I'm almost out and don't know where is best to get it from x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I normally get it from eBay! Have a search for the refill bottle as it works out a lot cheaper :) x

      Delete
  3. This is such a great post idea, as like you said final opinions are more informed than first impressions :) I think when I run out Seche Vite will definitely be on my repurchase list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, fancied doing something a bit different! I have way too many bottles of Seche Vite on the go haha, need to decant them all into one :) x

      Delete