Sunday 6 December 2015

Wintery Snowflakes (Models Own 'Asscher Blue')

Hello my lovelies. I hope you're all having a good weekend! Today I have another quick design for you, this time a bit more Wintery than Christmassy. I've seen a lot of people rocking snowflake designs and couldn't resist doing one myself. I decided to go for a bright baby blue with silver snowflakes to create a cold frosty look. Read on for more info!

Wintery Snowflake Nails @acertainbeccaa

I started with a base of Models Own 'Asscher Blue' from their Diamond Luxe collection (online here), which all contain real diamond dust to give a 'completely unique, multi-dimensional super-sparkly finish'. The diamond dust is so fine and delicate that it doesn't give any texture in the slightest. The formula is very smooth and easy to apply and dries shiny. I applied three coats but I'm pretty sure it was opaque in two - I did my nails in the dark so wanted to be sure. 

Models Own 'Asscher Blue' @acertainbeccaa

How gorgeous is this?! I've said before that I'm not a massive fan of dark blues but I absolutely love lighter, brighter shades. The sparkly shimmer from the diamond dust is much more obvious in person.

To add my snowflakes I used MoYou London Festive Plate 03 (online here). This is very quickly becoming a Christmas staple for me. Look how cute all of the designs are!

MoYou London Festive Plate 03 @acertainbeccaa

I stamped the snowflake pattern onto all of my nails using Barry M 'Silver Foil Effect'. I've mentioned before that I love the Barry M foil effects for stamping - it's such a shame that they were discontinued!

Snowflake Stamping with Barry M 'Foil Effect Silver' @acertainbeccaa

A quick clean-up and a topcoat and I was finished. Voila! Apologies for the awful shine on the below pictures - everything just kept catching the light!

Wintery Snowflake Nails @acertainbeccaa
Wintery Snowflake Nails @acertainbeccaa

These came out exactly as I had hoped and I love them. They're super wintery yet also bright and sparkly. I can see myself getting a good few days wear out of these. On a bit of a sadder note, my nails are just about too long for the moyou XL designs - woops! Time for a trim?  

Wintery Snowflake Nails Polishes @acertainbeccaa

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

No comments:

Post a Comment