Wednesday 14 October 2015

XL Marshmallow Stamper Comparison - MoYou London vs. eBay Unbranded

Hello lovelies! Today I'm going to be doing a quick comparison of two stampers. A friend of mine showed me an eBay listing for an XL marshmallow stamper for only £1.99. I decided to get one to compare to my MoYou London XL marshmallow sticky stamper - I paid £9.99 (including two stamper heads). Read on to see how they stamp!

Marshmallow Stamper Comparison @acertainbeccaa

So, they both pretty much look the same. The left is from eBay, and the right is from MoYou London. The MoYou stamper head is a lot fatter, squishier, and stickier. The eBay one isn't sticky at all - I have a feeling it may be the same head as the MoYou non-sticky stampers (I have the sticky one). You can see the difference in the heads in the picture below (apologies for the awful shine).

Marshmallow Stampers - Unbranded vs. MoYou London

The only other difference is the branding on the bottom of the MoYou London stamper:

MoYou London Stamper

To test each stamper I used Barry M 'Lilac Foil' along with a MoYou London stamping plate. As mentioned in my last post, I find that the Barry M foil effect polishes stamp better than some of the dedicated stamping polishes I have tried. Here's how they both picked up the design:

Marshmallow Stampers - Unbranded vs. MoYou London

And here's how they stamped (onto paper):


Stampers - eBay Unbranded vs. MoYou London

They both picked up the design and stamped without any hassle or without any need for priming. The only differences I found were based on the stickiness of the heads - i.e. the unbranded eBay stamper stamped slightly quicker as the sticky MoYou head stuck to the paper a little bit more, and the MoYou sticky head also stamped thicker as it slightly stretched the design (without distortion).

I honestly can't say I prefer either stamper head. The cheaper one stamps just as well, and I think would be very similar to the MoYou non-sticky head. Just in case you are interested in any of the stampers mentioned, I've included full details and links below:
  • Moyou London XL Marshmallow Stamper (sticky) - stamper, stamping head and a scraper for £6 (white here, transparent here), or with both stamping heads for £9.99 here
  • Moyou London XL Marshmallow Stamper (non-sticky) - stamper, stamping head and a scraper for £6 (white here, transparent here), or with both stamping heads for £9.99 here.
  • Unbranded eBay stamper - stamper, stamping head (red, blue, or clear) and a scraper for £1.99 (including postage) here. 

As always, let me know what you think. See you in the next post!
Becca x

No comments:

Post a Comment