Wednesday 9 September 2015

Nails Inc Gel Effect 'Seven Dials'

Hello lovelies! Today I have Nails Inc 'Seven Dials' Gel Effect polish to show you. This was one of the shades included in Augusts Nailbox (see my previous post here). When I opened my box this was the first shade to catch my eye - so I'm not sure why it's taken me until now to try it out! Find out more after the jump.

Nails Inc 'Seven Dials' @acertainbeccaa
(This polish freaked out my camera, making my skin look really red. I haven't edited them as the polish itself is true to colour. I also took my pictures at night in artificial light - imagine how bright it would be in the sun!)

Seven Dials is such a beautiful colour. I don't have many yellow polishes but always LOVE them once they're on. Seven Dials is a nice change from the highlighter neon yellows we've seen throughout summer. I would call it more of a sunflower colour. It applied so smoothly, and really well for a yellow. The first coat was streaky - but much better than I expected:

One Coat of Nails Inc 'Seven Dials' @acertainbeccaa
A second coat evened out most of the streaks, but I did add a thin third coat just to make sure. Below is three coats without topcoat - it dried super shiny! It also dried ridiculously fast. I knocked a couple of what I thought were wet nails while applying the second and third coats, and don't have a single smudge or dent! I did add Seche Vite topcoat for a longer wear time - it literally made no difference to the the finish!

Nails Inc 'Seven Dials' @acertainbeccaa
Nails Inc 'Seven Dials' @acertainbeccaa
Nails Inc 'Seven Dials' @acertainbeccaa

I've really been appreciating the flat wide brush several brands have been using recently. It helps to achieve a nice smooth round shape at the top of the nail - I required no clean up at all! I also wanted to say how nice this polish smells. It does state on the lid that it is "enriched with conditioning rare flower extract". You can definitely tell, to me it smells just like daisies. And when isn't conditioning a good thing? 

What do you think? Do you like yellow polishes? I think I'll add some nail art tomorrow- check back soon to see what I come up with!

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

No comments:

Post a Comment